In this article, I will teach you how to download and install mobdro on Roku. The provided guide will also work for Showbox, morph tv and any other tv streaming apps. But before that let’s know some unknown facts about Roku.
Roku is a company that came out in 2008 and it played a huge part in popularising streaming services instead of traditional cable TV. The setup for Roku contains a setup box which unlike its predecessor does not use cables. Instead, it uses the power of the internet to provide its services to the user. The users can watch all their favorite shows and movies using Roku. The only prerequisite is that the user should have a setup box and a Roku account.
Mobdro on Roku (Overview)
Mobdro is a streaming app that gives its users access to free video content available on the net. It has risen to be one of the most popular streaming apps in recent times. It has millions of videos ready for its users. There are two types of video contents available on Mobdro. One is content coming from free sources such as youtube and the other is from TV channels. Mobdro also gives access to other content such as sports, music, podcasts, gaming, news and so on. It can even stream live events around the globe. You can even download videos that you want to watch for later.
Mobdro also has a very simple and likable user interface. It does not take the user much time to sink into the setup. All the content is classified into different categories and hence easier to access and there is a list available for live events. Another great feature is that Mobdro updates its database regularly, hence bringing forth fresh content continuously. The video quality is also great under moderate speed internet connection. But for any reason, if your internet speed gets lower than usual, there is always an option to adjust the quality of the content.
One minor drawback is that when it comes to the second type of video content it does not provide video on content. That is if you select a category, it will not show available videos on that category, it will only show the running program. That means that if a show is halfway through you can only watch the other half, just like in traditional TV. While you can pause the video, you cannot rewind it. Also, it is advisable to use a good VPN app in order to assure digital safety.
Features of Mobdro on Roku
Now let’s look into some features that make Mobdro a great app to use on Roku:
- Sleeping in while the TV is on is something quite irksome. So to protect your device battery life, Mobdro has a sleep timer feature.
- Like mentioned earlier, Mobdro has a provision for you to save videos for you to watch later on.
- The premium version of the app allows you to stream without ad interruptions.
Check – Best Web Browser For Roku
How to Install Mobdro on Roku?
The Mobdro app is only available over an android platform. Though it is not available on google play store. No version of it is available in the Roku store and Roku does not support any third-party apps. But there’s no reason to worry as there are some ways with which you can use to download Mobdro on Roku. We are going to do it using screencasting. Simply put, it means you are going to make your TV’s screen to project the contents of some other device.
To use Mobdro on Roku TV, follow the steps below:
- Use your android smartphone to open Mobdro’s official site.
- Now download the latest version of the app.
- Smartphones these days have a built-in casting option. But if your phone doesn’t have one you can download an app for it.
- Go to google play store and search for casting app for Roku and download a recent casting app.
- After that make sure that your smartphone and Roku are on the same WiFi network.
- From Roku’s home page choose the option Settings.
- On the screen that appears click on System.
- Next, choose the Screen Mirroring option.
- On the right pane, there will be three modes for it. Prompt, Always Allow and Never Allow. Prompt means that the device that tries to connect with your Roku will get a notification much like how you would enter a password-protected Wifi hotspot. On the other hand, Always allow will allow any device this privilege, much like how an open Wifi hotspot works.
- Select either Prompt or Always Allow according to your needs.
- Now, use your device’s default settings or the app you just installed to search for your Roku.
- After spotting your device, select it and proceed to screen your smartphone on your TV.
- Run the Mobdro app on your Smartphone and it will be mirrored on to your TV.
You can also use this same method to watch mobdro on Roku for Roku express and Roku premium. We have also tried it on Roku 3 and Roku 4 and it’s working well on all version of Roku.
How To Cast/Screen Mirroring Your Android/Ios Devices On Roku
Mobdro is a rising app that can be used to stream videos online. The app has great features that enhance services on Roku. Roku does not support third-party apps but there are ways in which you can use Mobdro on Roku. We have talked about one such way in this article. We have also talked about key features of Mobdro and also mentioned about Roku TV itself. See you soon in the next article.