The following tutorial will show you How to Sideload Apps on FireStick With Downloader App. The instruction provided in this guide also works on other fire tv devices including firestick 4k and fire tv cube.
Amazon Firestick is a great device for streaming content over the internet on your Television. However, the major downside of Firestick is that you cannot download the Apk files directly on it without taking the help of an intermediary application or tool. There are tons of apps that aren’t available in the Amazon App Store and need to be sideloaded manually on the device. In order to download third party Apk files, you will have to rely on a third-party app called Downloader.
On Android devices, you can download Apk files and other stuff directly from the source link. But things are a bit different when it comes to Firestick devices. The Downloader App (also known as Apk Installer) is very handy and also easy to use. The App itself is very small in terms of size and takes little to no space on your Firestick device. In this tutorial, I’ll be guiding you through the installation process of Downloader and how you can interact with it for installing third-party Apk files on your Fire TV Stick.
How To Install Downloader App On Firestick
The downloader app is specifically created and designed for Amazon Fire Stick devices. Therefore, you won’t find any other App Stores but you can install it on the Android box using ES File Explorer. It comes with a built-in browser as well for surfing the web without having to rely on other apps. The following steps will help you to install Downloader App on any Firestick device.
- Turn ON your Firestick device and wait for the home screen to load.
- Navigate to the search option by clicking on the lens icon located on the top left corner on the home screen.
- Type in Downloader in the search box using the remote and wait for the suggestions to appear.
- Now click the Downloader App in the search results to open up its description page.
- On the app’s description page, select the Download/Get option and the app will begin to install.
- After the app is successful, Open it up and grant the necessary permissions.
Note:- Downloader app requires access to your storage and network permissions in order to function properly on your device. Upon launching the app for the first time, you will be asked to allow the required permissions in order to start using it.
The App is now successfully installed on your device, you may now go ahead and proceed with the rest of the steps to download and install third-party Apk files.
How To Sideload Apps On FireStick Using Downloader App
Using the Downloader app on your Firestick device takes no effort at all, it’s as easy as using any other app. However, it might prove to be a lot more than difficult for the first time user though. Go ahead and perform the following steps to sideload apps on firestick.
Note:- In order to install any Apk file on Firestick devices, you will have to first enable “Unknown Sources” by going into the settings.
- Navigate to your Settings Menu and select My Fire TV or Fire TV option on your screen.
- Scroll down a bit and Open up Developer Options to proceed further in the process.
- Select Apps From Unknown Sources option and enable it. (It will be turned off by default)
- A pop up will show up on the screen asking you to confirm the action, select Turn ON in the pop-up window.
- The Unknown Sources option will be enabled after you get past the warning dialogue screen.
Now you’re all set to install any Apk file on your device using the following steps:-
- Launch the Downloader App on your Firestick and proceed to the home tab in the app.
- Now paste the URL of the Apk or the file that you wish to download on your device.
- Click on the GO option and the downloading of the file will begin automatically within a few seconds.
- After the downloading is complete, you will find the Install option in the form of a dialogue box.
- Select the Install option and wait for the installation to complete. You may decide to delete the Apk file after the installation is complete from the same screen.
In case if you’re downloading anything other than an Apk file, then you won’t receive any dialogue box on your screen. To find the downloaded file, you will have to open up the File Manager on your device. Also, if you don’t have direct links of the Apk file or wish to download files from the websites, then open up the Browser Tab in the app and type in the website URL to proceed.
- Open the Downloader App on your Firestick device.
- Select the Settings option which will be located on the left side of the interface.
- Enable the option and select Yes if you get any pop-up or dialogue box on your screen.
- You may now close the settings and start using the app.
Downloader App is a multi-functional tool which has now become one of the most essential apps on Firestick devices. I hope the article managed to cover pretty much all the aspects of the app, from downloading to sideloading third-party apps on firestick. However, if you have any further concerns or need help with something else, then let me know in the comment section below.