In Today’s date, smartphones have become an integral part of our daily lives. Especially, the utility apps available in the Google Play Store that succor in everyday tasks to make our lives comfortable and easy. One of the well-known apps in the utility category is the CamScanner app which enables anyone to scan any paper or document and convert it into PDF or JPG files to share with others. Although it’s an Android app, you can still use CamScanner For PC as well simply by following a workaround method that I’m going to share through this article.
CamScanner is an excellent app when it comes to capturing high-quality photos of any documents or paperwork. The app will automatically convert and provide you the image in secured file formats as the output. The App is available for free in the Google Play Store, in case if you’re wondering about the charges. You may check out the following list of features to know more about the app and its utilities.
CamScanner App Features for PC
CamScanner can be used as an alternative option, especially when you don’t have a scanner nearby and would like to scan documents immediately. The following list showcases all the highlight features of the CamScanner app, which would give you plenty of reasons to try out the app.
- You can actually digitize any kind of paper such as Bills, Notes, Certificates, Cards, etc using the app.
- Auto Enhancing feature ensures the text and graphics in the scanned documents are clearly visible.
- Turn any image into PDF file format without compromising the resolution or colors.
- Extract texts from any image using the Optical Character Recognition feature in the app.
- Share the scanned documents or papers in different file formats such as PDF, JPG, JPEG, etc.
- You can also send print commands to any nearby printer using the CamScanner App.
- Advanced Editing tools are provided in the app for editing the documents the way you want.
- Create and use custom tags to easily search for your documents using the Quick Search.
- Secure confidential or important documents by setting a custom password for every file.
- Create custom download links for every file and share it with anyone you want.
The above list covers pretty much every aspect of the CamScanner in terms of features. Go ahead and follow the below-mentioned methods to download CamScanner on PC.
How To Download CamScanner For PC (Windows & Mac OS)
Like I mentioned at the beginning of the article, CamScanner is an Android-based app which is meant to be used on smartphones that are running on Android OS. Therefore, you’ll have to rely on a third-party Android Emulator such as Bluestacks or Nox Player to install the app and use it on your PC. Don’t worry, you won’t be charged anything for using the Emulator or CamScanner App on windows.
In case if you’re unaware of the term “Emulator” then here’s a brief description for you. An “Emulator” is a simple piece of software that would force the host (Your PC, in this case) to behave like another operating system (Android). By using an Android Emulator, you will be able to use the CamScanner App or any other Android App/Game on your PC without bearing any additional charges.
Related – How to Install DU Recorder for PC
Method #1:- Install CamScanner on PC With Bluestacks
Bluestacks is probably the oldest Android Emulator in the relative industry. A lot of developers rely on Bluestacks for testing their apps. Go ahead and follow the below-mentioned steps to install CamScanner using Bluestacks on PC. Make sure your PC has at least 2 GB of RAM and 500 MB of free storage space to use Bluestacks Emulator.
- Download and Install Bluestacks Android Emulator from the official site (www.bluestacks.com) on your PC.
- Launch the Emulator and sign in with your Google account or create a new one if you want.
- Go ahead and search for the CamScanner app in google play store.
- Select the CamScanner from the list and click on install.
- The Emulator will start to begin the installation of the app.
Note:- It’s important to sign in with your Google account in the Emulator in order to use certain features of the CamScanner app on your PC. Once the installation is complete, you can launch the app and start using it to scan and convert any image without any hassle.
Method #2:- Install CamScanner for Windows With Nox Player
Nox Player is a reliable Android Emulator, known for its stability and performance even on low-end PCs. Of course, you can use any other Android Emulator apart from the ones mentioned in this article. However, Nox Player is, by far, the most reliable and optimized Emulators for Windows-based PC.
- Go ahead and download the Nox Player Emulator files on your PC from the official site (www.bignox.com)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Nox Player Android Emulator on PC.
- Run the Android Emulator and use your Google account to sign in when prompted.
- Now Download CamScanner APK file from here – https://bit.ly/2YwJ0VV
- Select the Apk file of the CamScanner App and drop it onto the Nox Player window.
- Confirm the installation of the App and wait for a few seconds for the process to complete.
Alternate Method To Install CamScanner for PC:- In case, if the Drag and Drop don’t work on your PC or if the Emulator fails to capture the Apk, then manually Open up Google Play Store (comes pre-installed in Emulators) and search for the CamScanner App in the store. Select the “Install” page on the CamScanner app page in the Play Store to download and install the app automatically.
CamScanner is one of the highly-rated scanner apps in the Google Play Store. You can try considering the premium version to unlock more features for producing high quality scanned PDF files. You should definitely check out the app on your PC if your work involves a lot of paperwork.
Let me know in the comments if you have found the above-mentioned procedures helpful for installing the CamScanner for PC.