In this guide, I will show you how to download and install the Airtel Xstream on Android TV in 2 minutes.
There are a lot of streaming applications available in the Google Play Store, such as Zee5, Hooq, Eros Now, Hungama, etc. Users can stream specific Movies and Tv shows using such applications on their smartphones. Each of these applications has content unique to them, in fact, most of them have produced their original series to showcase themselves. In order to enjoy watching content on these platforms, you will need to purchase subscriptions separately for the respective streaming app.
It’s not everyone’s cup of tea to afford subscription costs for all the above-mentioned streaming partners. Well, that’s not going to be the case anymore, now you can have most of the content from various streaming platforms in one place, on the all-new rebranded Airtel Xstream App. Check out this guide to install Airtel TV on Android TV.
What is Airtel Xstream App?
Initially known as Airtel Tv App, has been rebranded into Airtel Xstream with various improvements and core changes. Now the app offers a wide range of Movies, Tv shows, Web Series and Live Tv Channels as well from its partnered streaming service providers. Users will not be required to pay additional charges or fees in order to stream the content available on Airtel Xstream App, it’s free as long as you’re an eligible Airtel User.
You may take a look at the list below to know what you will be getting in the newly launched Airtel Xstream App.
- Over 350+ Live TV Channels in various categories such as News, Sports, Movies, etc.
- Select any Movie Title from over 10,000 options to watch whenever you want for free.
- Diversified Movies and Tv shows are available in multiple Indian Languages.
- All new and better user interfaces and segregation of content across the App.
- Switch to the Darker theme if you don’t like the all-white interface of the Xstream App.
Screenshot of Airtel Xstream App
How To Install Airtel Xstream on Android TV
Well, there haven’t been any changes in the installation process of the Airtel Xstream App compared to its previous version. The App is available in the Google Play Store for android users to directly download and install on their devices.
However, the revamped app is limited to Android devices only at the moment. It’s not possible to install the app directly from Google Play Store on Android Tv or Smart Tv like before. But you don’t have to dishearten yourself since there are workarounds that you will help you with the installation of Airtel Xstream on Android Smart Tv.
As of now, there are two working methods that you can rely on for installing the Airtel XStream App on Android Tv. Go ahead with any method as per your comfort. But, make sure to Enable “Unknown Sources” setting by following the below steps.
Turn on your Android Tv or Smart Tv-> App Drawer->Settings->Developer Options->Allow Installations From unknown Sources->Toggle it and close.
Install Airtel Xstream on Smart TV Using Pendrive
To perform this method, you will need to have a PC and a Pen drive for downloading the Apk file of the Airtel Xstream App. Make sure to follow the below steps properly.
- Use this link (https://bit.ly/2BH8ipY) to download the Apk file of Airtel Xstream on your Computer or Laptop.
- Once the download is complete, connect the Pen Drive to your laptop or computer.
- Now copy and paste the Apk file of Airtel XStream to your Pen Drive from your PC.
- Disconnect the Pen Drive and plug into your Android Smart Tv to proceed further.
- Open the File Manager on your Android Tv and navigate to the Apk file in the Pen Drive.
- Select the Apk file and open it up to start the installation process of the Airtel Xstream App.
- Confirm the installation on the next step and wait for a few minutes for it to complete.
Once the installation is complete, you will have to grant necessary permissions in order for the app to function as intended. Now you may start using the Airtel Xstream App for streaming Live Tv Channels, Movies or Tv shows on your Television.
Install Airtel Xstream on Android TV Using Puffin Browser
In case you don’t have a Pen drive or PC, to begin with, then you may proceed with this method. In this method, we’ll be using a third-party browser called Puffin Browser to download the Apk file of Airtel Xstream App directly on your Android Smart Tv.
- Launch the Google Play Store from the App Drawer on your Android Tv or Smart Tv.
- Type “Puffin Browser” in the search box using the remote provided with your Android Tv.
- Once the results are loaded, Select the Puffin Browser and start downloading it.
- Puffin Browser will be installed automatically after its download is completed successfully.
- Open the Puffin Browser App on your Android Tv and paste this link (https://bit.ly/2BH8ipY) in the URL Box.
- Using the link, you can download the Airtel Xstream App in the Apk file format.
- Navigate to your “Downloads” to find the Apk file once it has been downloaded.
- Open it up and confirm the installation of the Airtel Xstream and wait for a few seconds.
After the installation, you will need to grant certain permissions as usual, as mentioned in the first method.
Before wrapping up the article, we’d like to inform our readers that Airtel Xstream service is currently exclusive to Airtel Subscribers only. Also, you will have to an Airtel Gold user in order to receive full access to the contents of the Airtel XStream App. You may use the comment if you have any queries regarding the installation process.
Here we have demonstrated how to download Airtel Xstream on Android TV. Comment below if you have any questions regarding this article.